Homecoming 2008 is quickly approaching. Show your Redbird pride by adding an official Illinois State University Homecoming 2008 image to your e-mail signature. The instructions below guide Outlook users step-by-step through adding the logo to their e-mail signatures. If you are not an Outlook user, let us know what e-mail client you use. We will feature other e-mail clients in the next Alumni e-Newsletter.
In Outlook, adding a photo or graphic to your signature is as easy as adding a picture to an e-mail you send.
First, download the Homecoming 2008 logo.
- To download (Windows XP/Vista), right click on the logo to the right and choose Save Picture As
- To download (MacOS), right click on the logo to the right and choose Save Image As
Creating a new e-mail signature with the Homecoming 2008 logo
1. From the Tools menu, select Options. The Options dialog will appear.
2. Click the Mail Format tab.
3. Click the Signatures button at the bottom on the dialog.
4. In the Create Signature dialog, click the New button.
5. Type a name for your new signature.
6. Click the Next > button.
7. Right-click in the Signature text box.
8. Select Insert Image from the pop-up menu.
9. In the Picture dialog, click the Browse button.
10. In the Picture files dialog, navigate to the Homecoming 2008 logo, titled Illinois-State-Homecoming2008.jpg.
11. Highlight the image file and click Open.
12. In the Picture dialog, click the OK button. Your image will appear.
13. Add any other text as needed.
14. Click the Finish button.
15. Click the OK button.
Your signature is created, and you should be back at the Options dialog. If you look in the signatures section, you’ll see Outlook has assigned your new signature to new messages. This means each time you create an e-mail, this signature will appear at the bottom of the e-mail.
And now your e-mail is all set for Homecoming 2008. Look for more ways to show your school spirit to come. We look forward to seeing you at the Homecoming celebration in October.