Events planned around annual Spring Red-White football game
A full day of fun concludes with scrimmage at Hancock Stadium.
The Illinois State Athletics Department invites all Redbird fans to a day of family activities and fun before, during, and after the annual ISU football Red-White Spring Game on Saturday, April 23.
The day begins at 9 a.m. with the Athletics Department’s annual garage sale in Horton Field House. The sale will include authentic Redbird game attire, as well as previously used department equipment and gear, all available at a low cost.
The third annual Kids Football Fest will also run during the morning at Hancock Stadium, with registration from 10-10:30 a.m. The event is free and open to children age 12 and under, with adult supervision required.
A full slate of activities designed to get young Redbird fans involved with the sport of football and engaged with the Illinois State team will begin at 10:30 a.m. and continue until noon. Activities offered include the following:
- Catch with the Redbird quarterbacks
- Kick a field goal with the Illinois State kickers
- Practice throwing passes to a Redbird wide receiver
- Work on your tackling skills with the Illinois State defensive backs and linebackers
- Take part in an obstacle course with the Redbird offensive and defensive linemen
- Dress up like a Redbird football player and get a picture taken with Illinois State cheerleaders
The excitement doesn’t stop there. Illinois State football fans are invited to a cookout from noon to 1 p.m. at the north end of Hancock Stadium. The cost is $5 and includes a hamburger or hot dog, one side dish, a small bag of chips, and a drink.
The football team’s annual spring game kicks off at 1 p.m. at Hancock Stadium. Fans are invited out to this free game to get their first glimpse of the 2011 Redbird football team, led by head coach Brock Spack. Following the Red-White Scrimmage, there will be an autograph session with team members on the Hancock Stadium turf.