Position Title: Summer Intern (Intranet Development)
Company: Verizon Wireless – Schaumburg, IL
Full time/Part time: Full time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
The incumbent will be coding enhancements to our large “knowledge base” application on our intranet using PHP (and other technologies).
Other responsibilities include:
– Proactively learn about Verizon Wireless as a company and find ways we can help our front line communicate and collaborate through web based tools.
– Understand video delivery to clients, specifically using Flash Media Server to serve live and video-on-demand content using unicast/multicast streams.
– Enhancing the corporate video repository site. Qualifications: • Present Enrollment in a four year college or university with an emphasis in Computer Science or equivalent major
Some experience or training with PHP
****Must love to code (and be good at it.. Seeking “A” grades in programming)***
• Ability to operate independently with a minimum of supervision is required although IT staff will communicate frequently regarding progress of assignments
• Team player with good organizational and communication skills
• The ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Solid research skills
• Ability to successfully multi-task
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
***Must be permanently legally authorized to work in the US***
To apply please visit: http://jobsatvzw.com/gNWCSA