Position Title: Operations Research Analyst
Company: Ruud Lighting, Inc.
Full time/Part time: Full time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Permanent
Ruud Lighting, Inc., a leading manufacturer of commercial and industrial HID, Fluorescent, and LED lighting fixtures, has an immediate full time opportunity for an Operations Research Analyst. This position involves top level strategizing, planning and forecasting to help improve inventory control, production planning, production scheduling, forecasting and capacity management. Also includes measuring performance, management of supply chain and coordinating transportation, logistics and distribution.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling to develop and interpret information in order to effectively manage demand forecasts, inventories and supply chain.
- Determine the pros and cons of each possible scenario and present solutions to management.
- Interact with engineers about production levels, discuss purchasing arrangements with buyers, and examine storage-cost data provided by the accounting department.
- Research data on past inventory levels or other statistics.
- Solve business problems through the application of advanced analytical techniques including: mathematical programming, computer simulation and spreadsheet modeling.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate workshops and lead projects to design new processes or to redesign existing processes that rapidly improve the lead-time, quality, cost, or safety.
- Improve processes, solve problems, and manage projects.
- Analyze data and develop solutions.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in operations research, management science or closely related field such as computer science, engineering, applied mathematics. Dual masters degree in operations research and computer science a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills. Be able to perform complex research.
- Experience with advanced research operation software and statistical packages as well as programming skills a plus.
- A solid understanding of advanced analytical techniques (linear and nonlinear programming, dynamic programming, Monte Carlo simulation, discrete-event simulation, data mining), of process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma), and/or of reporting applications.
- Solid experience with proven results related to improving processes, solving problems and managing projects.
- Mathematical techniques include: statistical analysis, data mining, simulation, linear programming.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/life, 401k, paid vacations/holidays, on-site fitness center and tuition reimbursement.
Degree preferred. Experience with electronic components is a plus.
Qualified candidates should mail or e-mail a confidential resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
Ruud Lighting, Inc.
Attention Human Resources
9201 Washington Avenue
Racine, WI 53406