Position Title: java programmer internship
Full time/Part time: Full time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
School of Information Technology alum Maura McCafferty, who is a programmer/analyst with FIS, has notified us that her team currently has a position open for a java development internship.
FIS is the world’s top-ranked technology provider to the banking industry. With more than 30,000 experts in 100 countries, FIS delivers the most comprehensive range of solutions for the broadest range of financial markets. FIS is part of the S&P 500 and has been named the number one overall financial technology provider in the world by American Banker and Financial Insights (FinTech 100). For more information on FIS, please visit www.fisglobal.com.
We are looking for an energetic Java developer who will strive to meet the needs of our growing business. This individual will play a role in the development and support of a 24×7 EFT Card Processing Application. This individual will work closely with other team members to ensure that the solution is meeting the needs of the business.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identify potential corrections to client reported issues
- Design, develop, and test defect corrections within existing applications
- Design, develop, and test minor to moderate application enhancements
- Collaborate with team members on code reviews, best practices, and process enhancements
- Energetic individual who thrives in a fun, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Enrolled in Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science Degree Program
- Classes taken in Java
- Classes taken in Object Oriented Programming
- Classes taken in full software development life cycle a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Students interested in this internship opportunity can apply at https://fnis.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Search for job number FIS003N7