Position Title: Intern – Information Technology
Company: John Deere
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
John Deere has 2012 internship opportunities available.
The Internship Program is for students enrolled in major fields of study that align with full-time employment opportunities at John Deere. Students may enter the program during undergraduate or graduate studies. The majority of our internship experiences are offered in the summer months, usually lasting 13 weeks.
The Semester Internship Program is a training program for students pursuing technical fields of study. Universities sponsor a semester internship program; therefore, students must meet the eligibility requirements of their university before being considered for employment. Typically, students would enter the program during their sophomore year and work multiple work sessions until graduation. As a participant in this program, students are required to work three or more work sessions, which usually extends their normal graduation date by approximately one year.
As an Information Technology Intern you will be provided with opportunities to partner in the planning and delivery of information technology to support business processes and business practices for strategic business units.
John Deere, a Fortune 500 company, is making use of the latest technological breakthroughs to produce exceptional equipment and provide first-class customer service. We’re the world’s leading manufacturer of agricultural and forestry equipment, a leading supplier of equipment used in lawn, grounds and turf care; and a major manufacturer of construction equipment. John Deere also manufactures and markets engines used in heavy equipment and provides worldwide financial services. John Deere operates under four core values: integrity, quality, commitment and innovation. . We treat our people with respect and offer competitive compensation and outstanding benefits, such as medical and dental coverage, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition assistance
Now wouldn’t you like to be a part of that?
Information Technology Intern position duties:
- Learn how to identify, analyze and apply information technology and business practices to support strategic business process/plans.
- Participate as required to design, develop, test and integrate technology.
- Participate in the implementation of information technology and business processes.
- Support, evaluate, and continuously improve information technology and business processes to maintain alignment with business plans.
- Perform activities accordingly to project plans and schedule.
- Has contact primarily focused around department and functional operations.
- Sophomore or Junior pursuing a Bachelors degree or Senior pursuing Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related degree.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Interested students can apply by going to www.johndeere.jobs Browse to the job search page and Search for job # INTERN2012a.
You may also access the job search directly