Originally posted at the College of Business.
Assistant to the Dean for Constituent Relations, Amy Humphreys, has accepted the job as director of Marketing for Heartland Community College. The new job will start on February 1, 2012.
Some of Amy’s accomplishments since joining the College of Business in October, 2005 include:
- growing our College of Business Alumni Network to 2,000+ members with eight different geographic and industry-specific sub-groups
- establishing our Early Career Achievement Awards and Alumni Spotlight Video series
- winning a national award for News & Views magazine
- expanding the scope and prestige of Business Week
- launching the Business Week mentoring program in partnership with faculty nominators and alumni coaches
- developing the role of PR assistants, enabling the dissemination of several hundred hometown press releases each year to celebrate student success and build the College of Business brand
- developing strategy related to our blog, social media, and other Web 2.0 initiatives
Heartland is the youngest community college in Illinois. It has a workforce development center, a corporate training and development division, offers community education, summer classes for children, and even runs a Challenger Learning Center (NASA simulations) in addition to offering for-credit classes.
“Developing strategic ways to communicate effectively with all these different HCC audiences will offer a wonderful creative challenge,” says Humphreys.
“While I am very excited about this new chapter in my professional life, one of the things I most value about my time at the College of Business is the wide array of friendships I’ve developed with students, colleagues, and alumni. I will miss those regular opportunities to connect with them,” she added.
There will be a wine and cheese reception for Amy on January 26, 2012, 3:30–5:00 p.m. in SFHB 412. Everyone is invited to help give her a warm send off. Please share this information with others who you believe may want to be part of this celebration.