Position Title: IT Support Intern
Company: CIT Group, Inc. (CIT)
Full time/Part time: Part time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
This position will provide enterprise help desk support to all CIT branches (growing to 14) and mobile users (50+). Tools they’ll use will be our help desk ticketing system, software to allow remote control of user machines, monitoring tools for network performance and availability, and imaging software for system deployments. This position will be exposed to all areas of IT as they see how it all integrates together in a working environment.
The IT Support Intern will provide user support and customer service on company supported computer software applications and hardware platforms. This position will troubleshoot problems and provide end users with the appropriate actions to resolve any issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via the phone and remote electronic control of user systems
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate actions
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Working knowledge of local and wide area networks, Internet, e-mail systems and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant help desk tracking applications
- Working knowledge of customer service practices
- Exceptional and professional communication skills, both written and oral
- Comprehend written data in related work documents
- Ability to approach problems using logic and reason
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field
- 0-2 years of experience in a client/server environment
- Ability to conduct self in professional manner in appearance and communication
This job requires the physical ability to lift 50 pounds. Occasionally, an IT Support Intern will be required to bend/stoop, climb ladders and reach above shoulders to complete job functions.
This position involves work in an office setting in the presence of electrical and computer equipment and occasionally in a shop setting. Coordination between departments and locations is expected.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Human Resource Manager
CIT Group, Inc.