Company: OSF Healthcare System
Division: Information Technology
Location: Corporate Office, Peoria, IL
Job Title: Student Help
FLSA Status: Hourly
Under direct supervision of associated IT Manager, this Student Help position will assist with various functions of IT support or implementation of hardware or software application systems. This position will assist with analyzing, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining installed systems and supporting users. Support the development of documentation for system testing and training. Assist with the management of customer expectations and customer interactions and participates in team quality management initiatives.
It is the obligation of each employee of OSF Healthcare System to abide by and promote the Philosophy, Values, Mission, and Vision of The Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis.
Principal Duties & Responibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Work with appropriate senior analysts on straightforward system configuration.
- Work with senior analysts to solve simple system issues.
- Assist in management of customer expectations and customer interaction process. Assists with gathering and analyzing customer requirements and expectations. Assess customer level of satisfaction and confidence. Address basic customer issues in an effective and timely manner. Escalates customer issues as appropriate.
- Assist with configuration and documentation to support OSF business processes. Assist with the implementation of non-complex configuration plan and documents simple configuration strategies.
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting and research.
- At the direction of the Manager or senior Analyst, provide end user support.
- Assists in monitoring the supportability, performance and availability of application systems. Performs defined maintenance. Assists with defining metrics and analyzes performance. Assists in investigations into data/application/configuration irregularities, and to help identify and resolve potential system problems.
- Assist with development of procedures.
- Assist in development of training plans and curriculum.
- Assist in delivering training to groups and individuals.
- Assist with the application of fundamental OSF standards across the enterprise.
- At the direction of an IT Manager or a Senior Analyst, work on assigned incidents and service requests.
- Assist with building and maintaining the support knowledge base of documentation.
- Assist in conducting and documenting Root Cause Analysis for system outages and application issues.
- Assists with efforts to document and investigate simple incidents.
- Participates in all educational activities offered to the role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skill & Abilities Required
- Basic knowledge of healthcare information technology at a level normally acquired through college level course work advancing towards a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business Administration, Computer Science, Healthcare, or other closely related field. A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is required for all job candidates applying for this position.
- None required.
- Minimum completion of 3 full-time college semester course load required.
- Business Knowledge preferred in area of focus.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to appropriately communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to assist in the development of detailed specifications for configuration of OSF systems.
- Ability to assist in the facilitation and documentation of configuration design sessions.
- Ability to effectively use basic Information Technology tools and applications.
- Ability to assist in the evaluation, testing, and troubleshooting of basic computer related issues.
- Ability to assist with the completion of basic configuration of an OSF system given detailed specifications
- Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Spends their time and the time of others on what’s important.
- Encourages teamwork within the Community of Caregivers by building trusting relationships with all encountered in daily work through positive interactions. Promotes a “we” atmosphere, never “them vs. us.” Never says, “That’s not my job.” Demonstrates respect for coworkers by arriving on time and avoiding last-minute requests. Cooperate with Community of Caregivers to ensure positive outcomes.
The Student Help positions will report directly to their assigned IT supervisor or manager.
OSF Healthcare System and OSF Saint Francis, Inc.
1420 W. Pioneer Parkway, Peoria, IL 61615
“Serving with the Greatest Care and Love”