Position Title: Systems Analyst & Support
Company: G&D Integrated
Location: Morton, IL
Full time/Part time: Full time
Are you tired of working on just one task day after day?
Working in the G&D Technology Services department offers many benefits over large organizations that tend to focus on assigning just a single task to employees. We offer a flexible and ever changing work environment. In addition to working in a strong team environment, you will also have opportunities to operate independently, including designing effective solutions to meet daily challenges. You will have the ability to be hands on with many different technologies as our business needs are always changing. G&D prides ourselves on staying up on the latest technologies and analyzing how we can use them to better our operations.
G&D is currently looking for a Systems Analyst & Support to provide assistance in supporting our information system applications as well as our supporting applications with focuses on end user support, application upgrades, application testing, database maintenance, process creation, technical documentation, and report design/creation/publishing. As an Information System Support Analyst, you will help provide information system related technical/help desk support to internal and external customers. There will also be a strong focus on working with internal operations to improve utilization of current technologies and researching new solutions to satisfy new processes or customer requests. There will also be opportunities to lead technology-based projects such as implementations or designing new systematic processes.
Travel: Must be able to travel for implementations when needed (less than 10%).
• BS Degree (Information Technology focus preferred) or 0 to 3 years of information system support, database management, and/or technology project management experience
• A+, Net+, and MCSE/MCSA or comparable Microsoft certification preferred
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills balanced with excellent communication skills, high initiative, and the ability to multi-task
• Strong planning and scheduling capabilities – must coordinate work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates
• Demonstrated success with advanced troubleshooting, problem management, and root cause analysis
• Proven track record of leading an implementation of a new technology or technology-related process
• Ability to learn business operations processes, needs, requirements, terminology
• Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
• Proficiency within Microsoft Networking Environments from a Client/Server prospective
• Basic knowledge of one or more Microsoft Windows based database platforms (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 LUW, etc.) including a solid understanding of database design principles and SQL (Structured Query Language)
• Ability to create advanced reports using Business Objects (i.e. Crystal Reports)
• Thorough understanding of systems development methodology
• Experience implementing or managing a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution a plus
• Experience implementing or managing operational Information Systems or Decision Support Systems a plus
• Citrix MetaFrame, Business Objects, and VMware/Virtualization experience a plus
• Work with business and technology management to identify and prioritize project priorities to meet enterprise-wide and departmental goals
• Work with operations management and end users to supply a high level of technical expertise for the information systems we support
• Work in a team environment to make sure systems meet functionality, usability, reliability, performance, security and compliance-related expectations
• Create and modify Crystal Reports and data sets using queries, triggers, and stored procedures
• Manage, implement, and coordinate upgrades and patching on assigned information systems
• Manage communication with key software vendors. Write quotes/specifications and manage support tickets.
• Day to day support of assigned information systems
• Create and maintain documentation
Carla R. Schmidt