Position Title: Associate Software Engineer
Location: Peoria, IL
Full time/Part time: Full time
Under the direction of the manager you will initially be responsible for ETL batch processing of our multiple data resources which include very large, nationwide databases used by the insurance industry. You will create SQL scripts to perform functions, update databases and do some basic coding in C# when necessary. This position is entry level where initial development skills are tuned as the individual ramps up on the technical environment, languages and typical software development assignments.
Graduates in May, 2012 will be considered. Local candidates are preferred as there is no relocation assistance available at this time.
Knowledge you will need:
- Experience or classroom instruction in SQL database structures
- Proficiency in a current Software language – C# preferred
- Communicates and collaborates effectively and successfully on assignments with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Provides feedback on technical tasks in terms of progress and schedule.
- Contributes to design, code and test reviews.
- Performs unit testing under the direction of more experienced personnel.
- Works with other departments and team members to ensure the integrated system meets quality standards.
- With guidance performs support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
- Utilizes defined standard practices and procedures to design and define systems requirements for less complex systems.
- Maintains and enhances existing software components based on detailed specifications.
- Responsible for assisting with basic application design.
- Performs the analysis, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintenance of application programs.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves basic software component, basic script deficiencies, etc.
- Continues to learn and develop and keep abreast of advances in software related technologies.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
- Position requires an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline; or equivalent technical work experience
- Ability to take specific technical direction.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide meaningful feedback on application progress/project status
- Ability to define, analyze and identify solutions to problems including the ability to work through problems successfully and interact effectively with more experienced technical engineers as part of the learning process.
- Ability to comprehend and develop within systems of simple-to-moderate complexity
- Ability to deliver assignments as scheduled.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation.
- Prior coding experience.
- Ability to complete specific coding assignments under the leadership of more experienced personnel and/or management.
- Ability to learn and comprehend new systems and evolve code proficiency in the required language(s).
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis and Nexis services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] (www.reedelsevier.com ), LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide.
Instructions to apply:
Insert Job Number: LN 001DR
Note there is a space between the N and the 0(zero)
Click on Apply
Log in as New User
Complete New User Registration
- Upload Your
- Personal Information
- Employment Questions
- Diversity Additional
- Information Summary
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of each screen and complete all the information requested.
Rod C. Van Mieghem
Director, Software Engineering – LexisNexis | Risk Solutions
(309) 689-6961 Direct