Position Title: IT/Programmer – entry level
Company: Custom Aluminum Products, Inc.
Full time/Part time: Full time
Location: South Elgin, IL
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Permanent
Custom Aluminum Products, Inc., a leading Chicago-area manufacturer of custom aluminum extrusions since 1960, is seeking an entry level IT/Programmer with the vision to assist in the integration of emerging technologies and legacy systems.
May 2012 graduates will be considered.
This will be an hourly position, eligible for Insurance, 401K and vacation benefits.
Responsibilities would include:
- This position will assist in application development in AS400 platform, programming in RPG (programming experience not required, we will train).
- Assisting our IT staff in Windows Server and Windows PC troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Setting up new accounts and PC’s, printers and scanners at locations in the South Elgin and Genoa, IL locations
- Interact with non-technical teams to understand the problem statement.
- New development, maintenance of existing programs and unit testing are the primary responsibilities.
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams within IT.
- Provide accurate status updates on personal projects.
- Timely escalation to management on issues requiring attention.
- A four year college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Great work ethic.
- Coursework and college project work must include a good foundation in any two computer languages.
- New graduates with a solid exposure to any programming languages will also be considered.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High energy and a willingness to learn and be mentored
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a desire to analyze, design and develop software applications.
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Shane R. Tredup
Custom Aluminum Products