The Illinois State Athletics Department invites all Redbird fans to an exciting day of family activities and fun before, during, and after the annual ISU football Red-White Spring Game, which is scheduled for 1 p.m., Saturday, April 28, at Hancock Stadium.
ISU will hold its fourth annual Kids Football Fest from 9:45 a.m. to noon on the Hancock Stadium turf. This event includes many exciting activities geared toward getting young Redbird fans involved with the sport of football and engaged with their hometown team, the Illinois State Redbirds. The Kids Football Fest is FREE for Reggie’s Kids Club members (children aged 12-and-under), with adult supervision. Registration will begin at 9:45 a.m. at Hancock Stadium, with the full slate of activities set to run from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Reggie’s Kids Club membership forms will also be available on site.
Kids Football Fest participants will have the opportunity to take part in numerous activities during the Kids Football Fest, including the following:
- A catching station with the Redbird quarterbacks
- Kick a field goal with the Illinois State kickers
- Practice your throwing accuracy by throwing passes to a Redbird wide receiver
- Work on your tackling skills with the ISU defensive backs and linebackers
- And take part in an obstacle course with the Redbird offensive and defensive linemen
- Dress up like a Redbird football player and get a picture taken with Illinois State cheerleaders
The fun and excitement doesn’t stop there. Illinois State football fans are invited to a Redbird cookout from noon to 1 p.m. at the north end of Hancock Stadium. The cost of the meal is $5, which will include a hamburger or hot dog, one side dish, a small bag of chips, and a drink.
The Illinois State football team’s annual spring game kicks off at 1 p.m., Saturday, April, 28, at Hancock Stadium. Redbird fans are invited out to the game for this free event to get their first glimpse of the 2012 Redbird football team, led by Head Coach Brock Spack. Following the conclusion of the Red-White Scrimmage, there will be an autograph session with members of the Illinois State football team on the Hancock Stadium turf.