Position Title: IT Intern
Company: Hollister Incorporated
Department: Global Information Technology
Location: Libertyville, IL
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship – Duration 10-12 weeks
For over 85 years, Hollister Incorporated has built a strong foundation of quality medical products, quality services, and quality employees – making a difference in the lives of those we serve. Hollister Incorporated stands strong: We are an independent and employee-owned company. Committed to our customers. Dedicated to our employees. Working towards the future with a long-term vision. Our challenge at Hollister Incorporated is to find those who share this dedication of helping others. Those searching for a way to make a difference. To leave a legacy of achievement. Knowing it takes talent, teamwork, and sheer determination.
Hollister Incorporated is a company where dedicated professionals can channel their efforts in a worthwhile cause. A company where good work is rewarded. Where contributing selflessly is highly regarded. This growing global medical device company will make the journey…with you. So join us, and make a difference.
The IT Intern will be responsible for the support and administration of all SAP activities and implementations. This includes planning, coordination, and implementation of all changes in SAP including performance and tuning analysis, capacity planning, systems support and planning, application support, and software upgrades. This position will be responsible supporting all aspects of SAP Enterprise Portal 7.0 performance, operations, and administration.
- SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies tasks including installations and upgrades, problem determination and resolution, software patching, support package application, performance tuning, and project sizing.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate system performance, system health checks and implementation of tuning improvements
- Participation in multi-landscape design solutions, architecture recommendations, and client strategies for continuous improvement
- Ability to participate in the design and implementation of the portal landscape upgrades and patches
- Work closely with SAP Functional Team Leads to coordinate and ensure complete enhancements to company’s enterprise-wide SAP ECC implementation
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of working with a team through complex systems implementations
- Technical Leadership and participation in technical projects across multiple teams
- Applicant must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Experience working as part of an IT operations team supporting users globally in a highly critical and dynamic 24×7 365 environment preferred
- Excellent oral and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be well organized and capable of multitasking numerous priorities
- Willingness to participate in non-standard work hours
- Duties are listed as an example of responsibilities only and will be further determined once projects are confirmed.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Have successfully completed a minimum of at least sophomore year of college
- Pursuing degree in math, computer science, business/MIS
- High-level of mathematical skills
- Excellent Communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to report to the Libertyville office during the internship (paid housing is not provided)
*Hollister is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
2000 Hollister Drive
Libertyville, IL 60048