Position Title: Information Systems (IS) Web Internship
Company: The Village of Gurnee, IL
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
Employees in this position perform routine and semi-complex work related to information systems. Employees in this position generally are persons pursuing higher education and require internship experience as a supplement to formal course work. Position could extend beyond a summer internship, depending on candidate availability and Village operational needs.
The Village maintains and operates a number of websites based on the popular open source Drupal Content Management System (CMS). This internship opportunity would focus primarily on expanding, maintaining, upgrading, supporting, and troubleshooting these websites for both public and internal use.
Work may include:
- Drupal CMS; HTML Authoring;
- Programming using PHP;
- inventory and documentation tasks;
- database programming and administration.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Linux, Drupal, CSS, PHP, PERL, HTML, MySQL, Windows 7, TCP/IP.
- Requires college course work in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or related curriculum.
- Previous work experience that demonstrates ability to work with others as part of a team and independently; highly motivated.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Candidate should be detail oriented and strong problem solving skills a must.
- Requires ability to follow understand oral and written directions with minimum supervision.
Starting rate of pay is $9.50 + / hour (depending on experience).
Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license and safe driving record.
A Village of Gurnee Application for Employment www.gurnee.il.us must be completed for consideration and be received at the Village Hall no later than 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Your application must be delivered by personal delivery, USPS mail or express mail (i.e. Priority Mail, Fed Ex, DHL).
Faxed, emailed, late, or “resume-only” submissions will not be accepted or considered.
Director of Human Resources
Village of Gurnee
325 N. O’Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031