Position Title: Enterprise Operations IT Intern
Company: TransUnion, LLC
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
TransUnion, LLC is seeking 5 IT Interns to work in our Windows Server Infrastructure and Operations Department.
Basic Accountability Statement
The goal of this position is to enable incumbents to combine their college coursework with the skills and experience essential to gain a broad experience across the Information Technology organization. Under the guidance and direction of professional staff, this position supports Information Technology associates and management in an effort to learn more about the operations of the department and the organization as a whole. Performs duties on special projects as assigned under the direction of a designated project leader to maximize effort on department priorities. Typical responsibilities associated with this position may include Intel systems troubleshooting, support, analysis, testing, project management and administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in monitoring of assigned ticket queue and assist in resolving Windows Server, Open Systems, Network, Mainframe, and print issues.
- Assists with various routine duties and special projects within area of responsibility. Consults with professional staff on projects of greater complexity to learn through experience.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports to support business initiatives.
- Maintains various databases or automated systems to support department projects.
- Perform initial troubleshooting techniques and resolve first-level technical problems and escalates more complex issues to the appropriate professional staff.
- Ensuring both customers and internal management are notified of issue escalations.
- Researches and recommends technology solutions to professional staff and management.
- Learns the operations of the department and the enterprise by interacting with associates throughout the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires student status in an under-graduate or graduate program from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or an equivalent discipline. An active interest in information technology and a basic understanding of the consumer credit industry strongly preferred.
Incumbents should have demonstrated proficiency with current versions of most office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and Windows Server Operating Systems. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Proven ability to research and understand technical documentation and possess an understanding of how to apply various technical resources. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with management, staff and/or external customers, working both independently and as part of a team.
Recruitment Strategy Team Lead | Human Resources
555 W. Adams
Chicago, IL 60661