Alumni Band Homecoming 2012 activities
Join us for this year’s Illinois State University Alumni Band activities during Homecoming!
Friday, October 5
- 7:30 p.m., “Anon(ymous)” performance, Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets: $17 for adults, $12 for students and seniors (age 60 and over).
- 9 p.m., Torchlight Parade, Milner Library. Free.
- 8 a.m., Alumni Band activities. All band alumni are invited to the Big Red Marching Machine’s morning rehearsal to watch and be recognized by current students.
- 9:30 a.m., parade step-off. Join fellow band members to watch the Homecoming parade. Meet at the CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Broadway and North in Uptown Normal.
- 11 a.m., tailgating, Hancock Stadium parking lots and Redbird Tent Zone. Join the College of Fine Arts alumni at the CFA Tailgate Tent in the Redbird Tent Zone.
- 1 p.m., Homecoming football game, Redbirds vs. Southern Illinois University, Hancock Stadium. Purchase your game tickets in the alumni block for a special discount on reserved seats at $16 per ticket until 5 p.m. September 21. To order the special alumni rate tickets:
- Visit GoRedbirds.com
- Click on “TICKETS”
- Then “PROMOTIONS” from the Quick Links menu
- Enter promotional code ALUM12
- Place your order
- Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis while supplies last. Tickets will be mailed or you can select the print-at-home option. For special requests or seating accommodations, call (309) 438-8000. Immediately following the game, join the marching band as they march back to Cook Hall for the traditional Alma Mater sing.
For additional information, visit IllinoisStateHomecoming.com.
Hotel block for Alumni Band members: Hampton Inn and Suites, 320 South Towanda Avenue, Normal, IL 61761. Call (309) 452-8900. Rooms are $105-$115 per night plus tax. Reservation deadline is September 15. Complimentary hot breakfast, and suites available. Please refer to the “ISU Alumni Homecoming” blocks when making your reservations. Rooms are going fast, so reserve yours today! Release date is September 15.
If you need special accommodations to participate in this event, please contact Alumni Relations at (309) 438-2586 or (800) 366-4478 with sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.