Redbird recipes: Black Bean Quesadillas
Black Bean Quesadillas, from Fresh Bites at Watterson Dining Commons:
- 10 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 1/4 oz Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 1/2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3 1/2 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 3/8 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 tortillas (6-inch)
Mash beans coarsely in a bowl.
Stir in diced tomatoes, cheese, spinach and chopped cilantro.
Spread mixture evenly onto tortillas.
Fold in half and heat on grill pan over medium heat until internal temperature of 180 degrees is reached.
Serve with salsa.
Serving: 1 quesadilla, serves 6