Cap and gown? Check. Transcripts and diploma? Check. As you finalize all the tasks you must complete before graduation, don’t forget the ones that will be most important to your career. The Career Center provides the following tips to help students who are graduating prepare for their future.
- Update your account. This interactive job vacancy bulletin allows students and alumni to research, identify, and apply for job and internship openings. Students can also post documents such as resumes and cover letters. Be sure to update your profile with your graduation date, contact information, email preferences, and degree/major information. Those who don’t have their profile up-to-date can miss out on being contacted by employers or on information being sent out from the Career Center about upcoming events, on-campus interviews, career fairs, and much more.
- Order your . The Career Center provides free business cards exclusively to current Illinois State students to assist with their job searches. Get them now while you are still a student on campus and can get them for free.
- Save the date for upcoming career fairs. Illinois State alumni are welcome to attend the Career Center’s career fairs to look for a new position or to network with professionals in their field.
- Outline your career plan with your . Let our career advisors help you develop a concrete career plan, review your resume and provide helpful tips to make it stand out to employers, and help you prepare for an interview before you start applying for jobs.
- Stay in touch with the Career Center. Bookmark the Career Center website and join us on Facebook, so you can continue to take advantage of all our offerings, such as resume and cover letter critiques, mock interviews, graduate school workshops, and application reviews.
- Take advantage of the , such as InterviewStream, E-Recruiting, and FOCUS, each available for use by alumni whether living on or off campus.
- Give back what you received. When you’re in a position to hire an employee, be sure to contact the Career Center. Let us help you find the right candidate. Whether you’re a supervisor, employer, or entrepreneur, you can always give back to Illinois State by hiring a Redbird.
Let the Career Center assist you before you graduate, and then in the future. Whether you’re looking for a position or seeking to fill one, your Career Center is here to help you.