Graduates get ready for winter commencement
Winter commencement is just around the corner and offers a time of celebration to honor the future alumni of Illinois State University.
The December 2012 graduates will be recognized at the following ceremonies:
Saturday, December 15 at 9 a.m. in Redbird Arena
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Fine Arts
Mennonite College of Nursing
Saturday, December 15 at 1 p.m. in Redbird Arena
College of Applied Science and Technology
College of Business
College of Education
Students participating in commencement should remember to:
• Arrive with cap and gown one hour before the ceremony. Report to Horton Fieldhouse, located north of Redbird Arena.
• Have family members and friends arrive early. There is no limit to how many guests attend commencement.
• Leave all personal belongings with family members and friends.
• Be ready for pictures. Professional photographers will take photographs throughout the ceremony.
• Set a pre-determined location to meet family members or friends after commencement has ended. All participants are required to stay the duration of the ceremony, which is typically two hours.
New to commencement: The Family Friendly Zone in the Alumni Center offers a great alternative spot on the Illinois State University campus to watch the ceremony. This setting is perfect for families with small children or individuals with limited mobility, or anyone wanting to view the ceremony in a more relaxed atmosphere. Guests will enjoy a simulcast large screen projection of the ceremony, copy of the commencement program, and complimentary refreshments, as well as activity packets for children.
For more information, contact Graduation Services at (309) 438-2836.