Position Title: Software Development Engineer
Full time/Part time: Full time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Both Summer Internship and Permanent positions available
Amazon is hiring full-time Software Development Engineers and Summer SDE Interns!
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes? Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs/SDETs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs/SDETs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world!
At Amazon an SDE/SDET can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations; Amazon Web Services, e-commerce Services, Kindle, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies and Retail.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Must be currently enrolled in school or graduated within the last 12 months
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now! http://college.amazon-jobs.com/amazon-sde/
Katie Foley, PHR | Campus Recruiter – University Programs | Amazon
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.