Position Title: COBOL Intern
Company: FIS Global
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Full time/Part time: Full time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
FIS is the world’s top-ranked technology provider to the banking industry. With more than 30,000 experts in 100 countries, FIS delivers the most comprehensive range of solutions for the broadest range of financial markets. FIS is part of the S&P 500 and has been named the number one overall financial technology provider in the world by American Banker and Financial Insights (FinTech 100). For more information on FIS, please visit www.fisglobal.com .
We are looking for an energetic COBOL/Mainframe intern that is able to work on location in Milwaukee, WI during the summer of 2013 and potentially beyond. This individual will play a role in the development and support of a 24×7 EFT Card Processing Application. This individual will work closely with other team members and be exposed to a wide array of technologies and applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identify potential corrections to reported issues
- Design, develop, and test defect corrections within existing applications
- Design, develop, and test minor to moderate application enhancements
- Collaborate with team members on code reviews, best practices, and process enhancements
- Energetic individual who thrives in a fun, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work full time in Milwaukee, WI during the summer of 2013
- Ability to work part time in Milwaukee, WI beyond the summer of 2013 preferred, but not required
- Enrolled in Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science Degree Program
- Graduation date of December 2013 or later required
- Experience/classes in COBOL/JCL
- Experience/classes in Java considered a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Apply online at FIS Careers to Job Number: 21600003