Position Title: Systems Administrator
Company: Midwest Insurance Co
Location: Springfield, IL
Full time/Part time: Full Time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
Midwest provides workers’ compensation insurance coverage for businesses. The company, founded in 1998, is headquartered in Springfield, IL. Operating in over 20 states, Midwest utilizes state of the art technologies and a fresh approach to customer service to ensure every customer interaction is as seamless as possible.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, unstoppable individual to join our team as a Systems Administrator. You’ll be working with top-notch developers to support our infrastructure and most importantly, help build new things; (which is why you got into the technology field in the first place, right?).
- You must be comfortable in a heterogeneous environment. This includes working with routers, switches, web servers, databases, Windows, Linux, hardware, software and of course; people.
- Willing to own problems and pragmatically solve them; even in the face of limited information or uncooperative users.
- There’s no need to be a programmer; however you must have familiarity with SQL and with development tools so you can point developers in the right direction.
- Willing to “get your hands dirty,” unpack hardware, crawl under desks, work in wiring closets, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language as well as Customer Service skills.
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States.
- Willing to work in our Springfield, Illinois office.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume attached. In the body of your email describe how you fit the first four requirements listed above. Your message will be read by an actual technical engineer, so please stick to the serious details. Equal Opportunity Employer.