What are you doing to get hired?
A traditional job search is submitting your resume and cover letter, then passively waiting for a call from a recruiter inviting you to an interview. One of the greatest weaknesses of this approach is only relying on the visible job market and searching classified ads and job postings, which means you’re only tapping into 4-10 percent of the available employment opportunities. That’s a very unproductive job search method!
Illinois State students and alums can go beyond the traditional methods of finding jobs by leveraging resources available at the Career Center and network with employers specifically seeking Illinois State students and alumni.
The Career Center provides:
- a free online system to search for full-time positions, schedule on-campus interviews, and upload your resume for employers to view.
- from career advisors for your academic major and career interests.
- Resume critiques and mock interviews to polish your skills.
- InterviewStream, an online video interviewing tool.
- NEW: where participants network with employers from a variety of industries.
Don’t be passive in your job search. Contact your Career Center to gain more helpful hints for innovative ways to look for a job. Learn more by visiting us online or calling the Career Center at (309) 438-2200.