Diversity Advocacy in the Dean of Students Office celebrated the efforts of faculty, staff and students at the 25th annual Commitment to Diversity Awards on April 8.
The awards recognize current undergraduate and graduate students, registered student organizations as well as faculty and staff who have demonstrated outstanding curricular and co-curricular programming, service and research that support the University’s commitment to diversity.
This year’s winners are:
- Legacy of Leadership Undergraduate: LaCrisha McAllister
- Legacy of Leadership Graduate: Flourice Richardson
- Outstanding Faculty: Pamela Hoff (College of Education)
- Outstanding Staff: Nathan Bargar (Admissions)
- Outstanding Organization Member: Hillary Veitch
- Outstanding Registered Student Organization: My Sister’s Keeper
- Outstanding Greek Organization: Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Outstanding Established Program Award: Best Buddies
- Outstanding New Program Award: PROUD Pre-Entry and Retention Opportunities for Undergraduate Diversity (Mennonite College of Nursing)
- Partner in Diversity (Staff): Hurdylyn Woods (University Housing)
- Partner in Diversity (Student): Robert Alberts (Sophomore)