Illinois State puts up big recycling numbers
Here are some impressive stats about Illinois State’s recycling habits in 2012, courtesy of campus recycling coordinator Andrew Bennett.
- Illinois State recycled 518,000 pounds of cardboard.
- 113,700 pounds of paper was sent to confidential shredding.
- 62,000 pounds of books were recycled.
- 754,000 pounds of food waste was collected from campus dining centers, the Bone Student Center, and Metcalf school to be composted at the University Farm.
- Illinois State recycled 491,000 pounds of single stream material, including paper, plastic, cans, glass, and cardboard that is mixed together but then sent to Midwest Fiber and separated.
For more information on campus recycling, visit the Facilities website.