In an effort to meet alumni demand for career advice and job placement support, the Career Center is pleased to provide alumni (up to five years after graduation) with a variety of career services. Whether you’re a job seeker or an employer wanting to connect with students and alumni, the Career Center is able to assist you.
- Career advisement—Get advice from a professional career advisor dedicated to helping alums identify careers that best meet their skills and interests, develop job-search skills and strategies, define and implement career goals, and provide resume critiques, cover letter writing, and interview preparation. Assistance with graduate and professional school planning is also available.
Programs and events
- Graduate School Series—Alums interested in attending graduate school can learn about considerations for graduate school and admittance tests, and how to research and apply for graduate school programs by attending an individual session or all five. Sessions include Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) prep by The Princeton Review. Preregistration is required.
- Career fairs and networking events—The Career Center coordinates a number of career-related events to assist alumni in building career connections and professional networks, and to meet employers seeking to fill openings. Check out the upcoming career fairs and events schedule.
- Veterans Seminar—Alums who have served in the military are invited to attend the Veterans Seminar to hear firsthand from employers how to transfer military skills and experiences into career skills.
- Hire A Redbird—This is the most expansive employment resource available for alumni, allowing one to search for full-time positions and upload resumes into tailored resume books.
- InterviewStream—Practice interviewing and review your videotaped results. All that is needed is a computer with a camera and Internet access.
- FOCUS —Get a realistic view of the best educational and career options for your future success using this online self-assessment tool
- Career Resource Guide—Visit the Career Center website to review our helpful Guide, which is full of job search tips, career advice, and information from employers seeking Illinois State talent.
Hire a fellow Redbird
- Are you an employer seeking quality candidates for open positions? Consider hiring a Redbird. Let the Career Center help you recruit Illinois State talent for your internship/professional practice and full-time positions. It’s a great way to give back to Illinois State.
View the list of alumni packages and register for your preferred choice.