Winter commencement is just around the corner and is an exciting time for upcoming graduates. This is a time of celebration to honor the future alumni of Illinois State University.
The December 2013 graduates will be recognized at the following ceremonies on Saturday, December 14:
9 a.m. in Redbird Arena
– College of Arts and Sciences
– College of Fine Arts
– Mennonite College of Nursing
1 p.m. in Redbird Arena
– College of Applied Science and Technology
– College of Business
– College of Education
Students participating in commencement should:
- Arrive with cap and gown one hour before the ceremony. Report to Horton Field House, located north of Redbird Arena.
- Have family members and friends arrive early. There is no limit to how many guests can attend commencement. Doors open one hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Leave all personal belongings with family members and friends.
- Be ready for pictures. Professional photographers will take photographs throughout the ceremony.
- Set a pre-determined location to meet family members or friends after commencement has ended. All participants are required to stay the duration of the ceremony, which is typically two hours.
- Visit GraduationServices.IllinoisState.edu for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Your family, friends, and other supporters who can’t make it to commencement will be able to watch the ceremonies online. Live streaming of the winter commencement ceremonies will be available on the Graduation Services website.
For more information, contact GraduationServices@IllinoisState.edu or (309) 438-2836.
The Dean of Students Office wishes to congratulate all graduates. Best of luck to you!