Spring commencement is just around the corner and is an exciting time for upcoming graduates. This is a time of celebration to honor the future alumni of Illinois State University. The spring 2014 graduates will be recognized at the following ceremonies:
Friday, May 9
· Mennonite College of Nursing—4 p.m. at Braden Auditorium
· College of Arts and Sciences—7 p.m. at Redbird Arena
Saturday, May 10
· College of Education—9 a.m. at Redbird Arena
· College of Applied Science and Technology—noon at Redbird Arena
· College of Business—4 p.m. at Redbird Arena
· College of Fine Arts—7 p.m. at Braden Auditorium
Students participating in commencement should remember to
- Arrive with cap and gown one hour before the ceremony. If the ceremony is at Redbird Arena, please check in at Horton Field House, located north of Redbird Arena. For ceremonies taking place in Braden Auditorium, check-in is located in the Bone Student Center.
- Have family members and friends arrive early. There is no limit to how many guests may attend commencement. Doors open one hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Leave all personal belongings with family members and friends.
- Be ready for pictures. Professional photographers will take photographs throughout the ceremony.
- Set a predetermined location to meet family members or friends after commencement has ended. All participants are required to stay the duration of the ceremony, which is typically two hours.
- Visit Graduation Services for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Your family, friends, and other supporters who can’t make it to commencement will be able to watch the ceremonies online. Live streaming of the spring commencement ceremonies will be available on the Graduation Services website.
For more information, contact Graduation Services at (309) 438-2836.
The Dean of Students Office would like to congratulate all graduates! Best of luck in your future!