Judson named interim chairperson for Department of Marketing
Kimberly Judson has been named interim chairperson for the Department of Marketing. Judson began her duties July 1 and will serve for two years.
The search for a permanent chair will begin in late spring 2015 with the formation of a search committee as outlined in the College of Business (COB) bylaws. As interim chair, Judson may apply for the permanent position.
Judson will be responsible for providing leadership to the Department of Marketing. Although the chairperson has many duties, Judson’s priorities will include:
- Maintaining the image and reputation of the department (marketing and business teacher education)
- Developing and supporting faculty
- Facilitating curricular initiatives
- Overseeing initiatives to attract, cultivate, and retain students
- Maintaining relationships with the department’s stakeholders
- Working with the department and the COB leadership team on Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) initiatives
Judson is a highly respected professor with an outstanding record of balanced teaching, research, and service. She has served in mentoring, evaluation, and leadership positions in the Department of Marketing, the College of Business, and the University. Judson has demonstrated a collaborative and inclusive leadership style in her service activities.
Judson was the recipient of the 2012 Manahan Family College of Business Teaching Excellence in Business Award. She received her Ph.D. from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in educational policy studies (marketing in higher education).