School of IT celebrates 2013-2014 student achievements
Nearly 100 family, friends, and colleagues attended the School of Information Technology’s reception April 11 to honor students’ achievements during the 2013–2014 school year. Thanks to Business and Industry Advisory Council member Eric Cook, the reception was held at State Farm’s Oakland Avenue building. Mary Elaine Califf, director of the school, recapped highlights from the year. Associate Professor Glen Sagers presented several awards.
• Distinguished Freshman—Gregory Hill
• Outstanding Sophomore—Evan Rappé and Adam Ringwood
• Distinguished Junior—Maribel Arellano
• Outstanding Junior—Ashlee Heider
• Outstanding Senior—Nathan Gregg and Evan Stalter
• Distinguished Graduate Student—Abha Sharma
• Outstanding Graduate Student—Scott Weathered
• Outstanding Graduate Assistant—Ankit Rathore
Dr. Winn Mahatanankoon recognized the graduating National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholars.
• Bradley Hasse
• Andrew Lester
• Jason Manley
• Jennilee Benda
• Dale Dominick
• Theodore Huntley
• Cameron Bove-Kruse
• Terry Lynn
• Thomas Lyons
• Kevin Solava
• Evan Urzen
Eric Cook awarded the prizes for the Mobile App Development (MAD) Contest sponsored by State Farm. Judges for the pitch presentation were Sagers, Assistant Professor Amit Shesh, Califf, and Lecturer Naresh Chintalcheru.
Judges for the final presentation were Kentrica Coleman, data specialist; Matt Jarrett, systems analyst; Drew Jaeger, systems analyst; and Eric Cook, project manager.
• Kevin Logan, “Challenge Accepted”
• Kristopher Akers, “Hack the Planet, Save the World”
• Daniel Evens and Josh Bates, “Pokedex”
• Rachel Schifano and Austin Savage, “Ergosphere”
• Steven Squaire and Luke Gloudeman, “Intro”
Adam Ringwood and Kevin Logan reported on the year’s activities in the student clubs.