Free flu shots help students stay healthy
Do you get a little nervous when the student sitting behind you in class starts coughing or sneezing? With cold and flu season upon us, it’s important to take precautions to avoid getting sick. One of the most important steps you can take is to make an appointment to get your flu shot at Student Health Services, which can be scheduled quickly and conveniently online. Flu shots are available to students for free while supplies last.
Additional cold/flu season tips
- Wash your hands often, especially after you use the restroom and before you eat.
- Use soap and warm water when washing your hands. Rub your hands together vigorously for at least 20 seconds (as long as it takes to say your ABCs).
- Use hand sanitizer when you are not able to wash your hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your nose and month as much as possible.
- Don’t share cups, drinks, or other personal items.
Student Health Services offers Illinois State University students quality, convenient, primary health care by providing examinations, treatment, urgent care, and minor surgical procedures. The clinic is located in the Student Services Building at 201 North University Street. Call Student Health Services at (309) 438-2778 to schedule an appointment if you feel sick or would like to discuss preventive care.