ISU Emergency Alert test scheduled April 14
A test of ISU Emergency Alert will be conducted at 2:05 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. The following test message will be sent:
Subject line: TEST- ISU Emergency Alert
Body of message: TEST- This is a test of ISU Emergency Alert. Visit www.ilstu.edu/security for more information. This is only a TEST
The modes of communication to be tested include:
- Text only alerts to registered cell phones, no voice alerting
- Illinois State homepage
- All registered e-mail accounts
- Public space digital display boards
- VOIP phones –tone and voice alert followed by text message on phone digital display
- Illinois State’s main Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Classroom desktop computer pop-up
Students are urged to notify their parents and others who have had their contact information entered into the ISU Emergency Alert database and who do not have an ISU email account, that this test will be conducted at 2:05 p.m. Tuesday, April 14.
The campus community is encouraged to be familiar with the University’s Emergency Response plans and guidance documents by reviewing:
- The ISU Campus Safety and Security Page: a collection point for information on the ISU Emergency Alert, how to respond to an emergency and much more.
- The Illinois State University Emergency Guide: a flip chart designed to provide information on how to respond to a variety of potential campus emergencies. These are posted in classrooms throughout campus.
- The University Emergency Management Plan: a comprehensive document which details how the University will respond to major emergencies on campus.
- Departmental Emergency Response Plans: documents that provide department-specific emergency response information.
- Questions regarding this test or campus emergency preparedness should be directed to Environmental Health and Safety at 438-8325.