Illinois State University School of Art alumni are invited to participate in Alumni Spectacular 2015 from September 19 through October 19. University Galleries will exhibit artwork by hundreds of talented alumni to celebrate the conclusion of the first year in its Uptown Normal location. A reception will be held Saturday, September 19, from 5–7 p.m.
To be eligible, one must be a School of Art alum. Qualifying artists must have pursued a degree in the School of Art, but they are not required to have graduated from Illinois State University. Any School of Art alumni interested in participating can email jajudd@IllinoisState.edu and attach an image of their work. All artwork must be delivered to University Galleries by August 28.
All art can be shipped to
University Galleries of Illinois State University
Attn: Alumni Spectacular
11 Uptown Circle, Suite 103
Campus Box 7150
Normal, IL 61761
If artists would like to drop off work, please do so August 25 from 9 a.m.–8 p.m. or August 26 from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Those pieces dropped off in-person can be picked up October 21–22.
Please review all logistics below to have your artwork be a part of the exhibit.
- All work received will be included in the exhibition.
- Each artist may submit one work.
- Work must not exceed 20 inches in any dimension.
- All work must be ready to hang/display (see below for requirements).
- Artists are responsible for shipping (and insuring) their work to University Galleries via UPS or FedEx. University Galleries will return all art, including insurance, at its expense via UPS Ground (except for those works dropped off in-person).
- Local artists may personally deliver and pick up their work.
- Work must be received by August 28.
- Work must be accompanied by an entry form.
“Ready to hang” parameters:
- Framing is preferable, but wire or hooks on the back are acceptable.
- If a work on paper is not framed, it must be mounted securely to foam core or must be able to be pierced with pins.
- A supply of batteries must be provided for any works needing them.
- Artists are responsible for maintaining any technology-based works and ensuring that they are functioning properly for the duration of the exhibition.
- Any special hardware must be supplied by the artist.
- If planning to submit work that needs to be hung from the ceiling, please contact a University Galleries staff member in advance.
- Videos should be formatted as follows:
- Mac: Quicktime compressed as Pro Res 422 1080 60p; 48 khz audio (uncompressed)
- Windows: AVI files compressed as DVCPro HD 1080 60p; 48 khz audio (uncompressed)
Alumni Spectacular 2015 is co-sponsored by Illinois State University’s College of Fine Arts, School of Art, Alumni Relations, and University Galleries. View the complete summer/fall University Galleries schedule to find out more on other exhibitions.