Parking and Transportation has implemented a few changes in the South University Garage and in surface lots throughout campus to improve traffic flow and to accommodate those who park in lots that are being resurfaced this summer. These changes include:
South University Garage
- The entrance of the South University Garage has been modified to include two entry lanes; there is one lane for those with parking permits and another lane for the daily pay lot parking area.
- Customers with parking permits valid in the South University Garage will enter the permit only lanes and will no longer swipe their parking permit or credential to gain access to the permitted areas within the garage. Display of parking permit will be required for access.
- There will be two designated exit lanes; one for hourly visitors and one for permit holders. Both exits are marked for this dedicated use. Exits will be out of the north end of the garage.
- The LED sign will illuminate “full” when the pay lot has reached capacity.
- Lane stenciling and new signage has been created to assist in finding the correct lane.
- An area for faculty and staff surface permit holders has been created on the top deck of the garage. This area contains 61 temporary spaces and a valid faculty/staff surface permit must be displayed. When these spaces are full, signage will be placed at the University Street entrance of the garage to indicate that these spaces are full. This is a temporary allocation of space for faculty/staff permit holders during the 2015-2016 academic year only.
- No other parking areas of the garage have changed.
G25 conversion to faculty/staff surface parking
- G25 will be converted from commuter spaces to an additional 19 faculty and staff surface permit spaces. This area of parking is located adjacent to the People’s park south of South University Garage and is on-street parking on University Street.
F26 metered spaces
- F26 located on Beaufort Street across from Centennial East no longer has metered spaces. This lot is designated for faculty and staff surface permits only.
- F67 is closed for resurfacing and the addition of new lights. During this closure, alternative faculty/staff parking is available in lots G67, G87, G86, G86N, G85E, G85W, G84, G64, and F64.
- Alternative parking will also be available in the Bone Student Center pay lot for faculty/staff permit holders during the construction period. Please take a time stamped ticket at the entrance and present it along with your faculty/staff permit to the lot attendant upon exit.
- Parking and Transportation personnel will be on site during the first week of the semester to provide assistance in redirecting individuals to alternate lots. The estimated completion date for this project (weather permitting) is September 30, 2015.
- F64 is the faculty and staff surface lot next to the Student Services Building. An additional 20 spaces around the front perimeter of the former Weaver’s facility is being made available as faculty/staff surface spaces.
- G53 is a commuter lot with 148 parking spaces. The lot borders College Street and Main Street. This project includes the removal of trees and foliage and when completed, adds an additional 117 parking spaces for a total of 265 commuter spaces. Work on this lot started Monday, July 27. The lot will be closed during the construction, which is expected to be completed by September 1, 2015, weather permitting. During the construction, alternate parking is available in lots F43, F64, G64, G73, G83, F62, F61, F71, G82, and G81. When this project is completed, all access and egress will be from Kingsley Street.
G04 and G14
- These surface lots are available for faculty and staff and commuter parking.
Parking lot maps are available on the Parking and Transportation office website at http://parking.illinoisstate.edu/maps. If you have any questions, please contact the Parking and Transportation office by calling 438-8391, or via e-mail at Parking@IllinoisState.edu.