Faculty Prep Week begins August 10
Stop by our offices and let us help you prepare for the Fall 2015 semester. Once again, our specialists will be on hand for walk-in workshops and one-on-one consultations, all designed to get you ready to teach!
Getting Started With ReggieNet
This brief workshop shows you all the basics: how to upload your syllabus and other course materials, set up emails, and create assignments. You’ll also get a quick tour of ReggieNet’s online grade book function. These special Faculty Prep Week sessions do not require registration—simply walk in, sit down at a computer, and start learning! Workshops times are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 11 • 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 12 • 2 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 13 • 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Friday, August 14 • 12 to 2 p.m.
ReggieNet: Migrating from Modules to Lesson Builder
This workshop will teach you the basics of the Lesson Builder tool in ReggieNet, which will replace the Modules tool for classes starting in spring 2016. Learn how to copy content from the Modules tool over to the Lesson Builder tool. These special Faculty Prep Week sessions do not require registration. Simply walk in, sit down at a computer, and start learning!
- Monday, August 10 • 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 13 • 1 to 2 p.m.
ReggieNet Consultations, Phone & Email Support
Get face-to-face, hands-on advice from one of our ReggieNet faculty support specialists. Our support staff also provides assistance by phone and email. Call (309) 438-2542 or email CTLT@IllinoisState.edu with a question or to set up an appointment.
Classroom Clickers Support
Getting Started with Clickers
Discover how to bring powerful interactivity to your classroom, big or small. This quick session will show you how to incorporate clickers into your teaching. You can use these handheld devices to increase student engagement and get immediate feedback. This special Faculty Prep Week session does not require registration. Simply walk in, sit down at a computer, and start learning!
- Wednesday, August 12 • 9 to 11 a.m.
Starting Fall 2015, Clickers device registration (for students) and list management (for instructors) is now a feature found within ReggieNet. This one-hour workshop will walk you through the process of adding the TurningPoint tool to your ReggieNet course site (you can also download a handy how-to guide here).
- Wednesday, August 12 • 11:00 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, August 13 • 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Let our staff help you discover what steps you can take to improve your teaching. During Faculty Prep Week, our coordinators can help you polish your syllabus, refocus your teaching methods, and evaluate your test design. You can email our coordinators with short questions, or you (or your department) might consider one of the following:
- Consultation hours: Individual faculty members and instructors can request consultations with one of our consultants. Topics include instructional design and strategies, diversity, assessment, group work, student writing and in-class presentation. Call (309) 438-2542 to schedule an appointment.
- Workshop by Request: Need a customized workshop on a particular topic? Departments can request training sessions tailored to its needs. To see a list of potential workshops or make a request for a workshop, visit our Workshops by Request page.
If you need a special accommodation to fully participate in a Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology event or service, please contact our front desk at (309) 438-2542.