When you become a part of the Roamin’ Redbird family, each participant is given a T-shirt. Not only is this to congratulate you on your decision to embark on an incredibly challenging and life-changing journey, but it also allows you to sport your Illinois State pride abroad.
As awesome as the T-shirts are, they could really use a facelift. This is why the Study Abroad unit launched the Retro 2 Rockin’ T-shirt design contest. The contest gives Illinois State students the opportunity to tell us what they want to see in the next generation T-shirt.
There are some stipulations about designs:
- Cannot contain and complex/sophisticated background components (i.e., no swirly designs or excess content)
- Must be able to be featured on a red, black, or charcoal grey colored T-shirt
- Must contain the phrase Roamin’ Redbirds in some capacity
- Phrases that may also be included: Generation Study Abroad, Study Abroad, #RoaminRedbirdsFlock, #RoaminRedbirds
- Computer generated designs are preferred*
*The Office of International Studies and Programs reserves the right to modify design submissions of final product, if chosen. Once submitted, the Office of International Studies and Programs will grant credit to the artist but will retain all ownership rights of the design and the use of it in future promotion.
Students interested in participating in the contest should email their design to email@example.com along with the artist’s full name and photo release form no later than October 7.
The winner will have a choice between four of the following prizes below:
- Sketchbook and pencils
- Digital photo frame
- 64 GB MicroSD card
- GoPro Hero HD waterproof camera
The selected design will be announced after the fall Study Abroad Fair on October 21.