Illinois State University’s College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) will host its annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony at 5 p.m. Friday, October 2, at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Uptown Normal. The event, which is free and open to the public, will begin with a reception at 4 p.m.
CAST Hall of Fame inductees are chosen for outstanding performance and leadership in their career fields; committed service to their communities; favorable statewide, national, or international recognition; outstanding service to Illinois State University; or proof that their work has benefitted a pronounced segment of society. Hall of Fame inductees represent the different departments within CAST.
For full biographical information on this year’s inductees, visit http://cast.illinoisstate.edu/alumni/hall-of-fame/2015.php.
2015 CAST Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Illinois Soybean Association, corporate inductee
- Marcos Fernandez ’80, Department of Agriculture, associate dean and professor of animal sciences, Purdue University
- Louis Bladell III ’89, Department of Criminal Justice Sciences, FBI national counterespionage program
- BJ Friedman ’75, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, professor of nutrition and foods, Texas State University
- Alan Janssen ’75, Department of Health Sciences, senior health communications specialist, Centers for Disease Control
- Amy Fowler Stadler ’86, School of Information Technology, co-founder and managing partner, Lewis Fowler management consulting firm
- Mike Bucek ’82, School of Kinesiology and Recreation, vice president of marketing and business development, Kansas City Royals
- Steve Ware ’84, Department of Military Science, executive vice president, Millennium Corp., a management and IT consulting company
- Thomas Schildgen ’77, M.S. ’80, Department of Technology, professor and past chair, Department of Technology Management, Arizona State University