What students should know about ISU’s email change
All students are reminded that their Redbird Mail account will transition to Illinois State’s Office 365 service by Monday, October 26, as the new place to send and receive emails.
On Sunday, October 25, new messages will begin to arrive in students’ new inbox on Office 365 instead of Redbird Mail. If students notice new emails are no longer arriving in RedbirdMail.IllinoisState.edu on Sunday or Monday, they should begin to use Office365.IllinoisState.edu for email.
What you need to know
- Your email address and password will stay the same.
- Your existing email messages and contacts will remain available in Redbird Mail.
- You will have the option of copying your existing email messages to Office 365 with an easy-to-use migration tool.
- Continue to check your email for additional information.
- Starting Monday, October 26, you should configure your devices for Office 365.
11 a.m to 2 p.m. Monday, October 26
Pizza at Schroeder Plaza on the Quad
Grab a free slice of pizza and learn about your new email system. We’ll help get connected to Microsoft Office 365 and answer your questions.
Monday, October 26, through Thursday, October 29
Look for University technical support personnel who will spread out across campus to help you with your new Office365 email account. Watch for tables in your classroom buildings, in the dining centers, and Milner Library.
What you should do now
To ensure the move goes as smoothly as possible, we ask that you test your Office 365 login now.
- Go to Office365.IllinoisState.edu
- Log in with your Illinois State email address and password. You must use the ULID@ilstu.edu format.
- Confirm your name is displayed in the upper right hand corner. If this isn’t your experience or you cannot sign in, please contact the Technology Support Center.
- You may sign out by clicking the down arrow next to your name and selecting “Sign out.”
Did you know you can download Microsoft Office for free as a student? Try it now after logging in to Office 365.
Online: Technology Support Center’s Overview of Office 365
By phone: (309) 438-4357 (HELP)
- Technology Support Center (Julian Hall 145)
- TechZone Service Center (Bone 2nd Floor)