Winter commencement is approaching and is an exciting time for upcoming graduates. This is a time of celebration to honor the future alumni of Illinois State University. The December 2015 graduates will be recognized at the following ceremonies:
Saturday, December 12
9 a.m. in Redbird Arena
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Fine Arts
- Mennonite College of Nursing
1 p.m. in Redbird Arena
- College of Applied Science and Technology
- College of Business
- College of Education and Interdisciplinary University Studies
Students participating in the commencement ceremonies should remember to:
- Arrive with cap and gown one hour before the ceremony. Please check in at Horton Field House, located north of Redbird Arena.
- Have family members and friends arrive early. There is no limit to how many guests can attend commencement. Doors open one hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Leave all personal belongings with family members and friends.
- Be ready for pictures. Professional photographers will take photographs throughout the ceremony.
- Set a pre-determined location to meet family members or friends after commencement has ended. All participants are required to stay the duration of the ceremony, which is typically two hours.
- Please let guests know that bags, backpacks or boxes, except for purses and medical equipment, will not be permitted in Redbird Arena for commencement. As a courtesy to all guests attending commencement, items such as balloons, balloon bouquets, signs, banners or other visual obstructions are discouraged in Redbird Arena.
Your family, friends, and other supporters who can’t make it to commencement will be able to watch the ceremonies online. Live streaming of the winter commencement ceremonies will be available on the Graduation Services website.
For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, call Graduation Services at (309) 438-2836.