InstaCareer helps students prepare for upcoming career fairs
The Career Center is hosting InstaCareer on February 9 and March 2 from 4–7 p.m. in the Bone Student Center to help students put their best foot forward at upcoming career fairs or other events where they may connect with professionals in their fields.
Students will rotate through a variety of interactive sessions and can also participate in resume reviews and practice interviews.
Hear firsthand from actual recruiters and career advisors how to:
- Make a good first impression and dress appropriately for the situation
- Research employers before you meet with them
- Pitch yourself through a 30-second commercial and solid handshake
- Follow-up with employers and people you meet to stay connected
- Develop an effective resume and practice your interview skills
Facilitated by career experts and recruiters, students will learn how to make a good first impression, how to dress appropriately, how to research employers before an event, and the best way to follow-up with them afterwards. By attending this event, students will gain the skills they need to approach employers and career professionals with greater confidence and professionalism.
For more information or special accommodations, please contact the Career Center at (309) 438-2200.