Illinois State International Business Institute and International Business Club (IB) students will host the International Business Reunion from March 31 to April 1. This year’s IB Reunion will offer many opportunities for students from all majors to network with IB alumni.
Among the IB Reunion attendees will be Professor Emerita Iris Varner and Professor Carson Varner, who founded and continue to support the IB program. On March 31, a special reception and program held to honor and to thank the Varners (IB alumni only, RSVP). A dinner buffet will be available for $25 per person, payable by cash or check at the door. Parking is free at the Alumni Center, located at 1101 North Main Street in Normal.
April 1 will kick off with a Networking Breakfast, followed by an IB Alumni Panel where four to five alumni will share their post-collegiate experiences. Afterward the keynote speech will be given by IB graduate Blaine Curcio ’11, senior analyst at Northern Sky Research in Tokyo, Japan.
The afternoon of April 1 offers more opportunities to network with IB graduates, including a luncheon and a round of “Speed Networking,” where alumni and current students can share and discuss career-related updates and topics. The reunion will conclude with campus tours for alumni to see what has changed since they once attended ISU.
Listed below are the specific times and locations of IB Reunion events:
Thursday, March 31
- 5 p.m.—Reception and dinner buffet honoring the Varners, Illinois State Alumni Center (IB alumni only, RSVP)
Friday, April 1
- 8:30 a.m.—Networking Breakfast, State Farm Hall of Business (SFHB) Atrium (Open to the Public)
- 9:30 a.m.—IB Alumni Panel, State Farm Hall of Business Caterpillar Auditorium (Open to the Public)
- 11 a.m.—Keynote presentation by IB alumnus Blaine Curcio, State Farm Hall of Business Caterpillar Auditorium (Open to the Public)
- 12 p.m.—Lunch Buffet, Old Main Room of the Bone Student Center (IB alumni only, RSVP)
- 1 p.m.—“Speed Networking,” Old Main Room of the Bone Student Center (IB alumni only, RSVP)
- 2 p.m.—Campus Tours, leaving from the Old Main Room of the Bone Student Center (IB alumni only, RSVP)
Rooms have been reserved at the Hyatt Place in Uptown Normal in the IB block for Thursday and Friday nights. For reservations, contact the Hyatt Place at (309) 454-9288 by March 2.
To RSVP or for more information, please visit Business.IllinoisState.edu/IBI.