Spring commencement set for May 6 and 7
Illinois State University’s spring commencement is approaching and is an exciting time for upcoming graduates. This is a time of celebration to honor the future alumni of Illinois State University.
The 2016 graduates will be recognized at the following ceremonies:
Friday, May 6
- Mennonite College of Nursing: 4 p.m. at Braden Auditorium.
- College of Arts and Sciences: 7 p.m. at Redbird Arena.
Saturday, May 7
- College of Education and Interdisciplinary University Studies: 9 a.m. at Redbird Arena.
- College of Applied Science and Technology: 12 p.m. at Redbird Arena.
- College of Business: 4 p.m. at Redbird Arena.
- College of Fine Arts: 7 p.m. at Braden Auditorium.
Students participating in the commencement ceremonies should remember to:
- Arrive with cap and gown one hour before the ceremony. Please check in at Horton Field House, located north of Redbird Arena, or in the Bone Student Center’s Circus Room, depending on the ceremony location.
- Have family members and friends arrive early. There is no limit to how many guests can attend commencement. Doors open one hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Leave all personal belongings with family members and friends.
- Be ready for pictures. Professional photographers will take photographs throughout the ceremony.
- Set a pre-determined location to meet family members or friends after commencement has ended. All participants are required to stay for the duration of the ceremony, which is typically two hours.
- Please let guests know that bags, backpacks, or boxes, except for purses and medical equipment, will not be permitted in Redbird Arena for commencement. As a courtesy to all guests attending commencement, items such as balloons, balloon bouquets, signs, banners, or other visual obstructions are discouraged.
Family, friends, and other supporters who cannot make it to commencement will be able to watch the ceremonies online. Live streaming of the spring commencement ceremonies will be available through Graduation Services.
For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, call Graduation Services at (309) 438-2836 or download the official Illinois State University App for free from the App Store or Google Play Store, then search for the Graduation Services guide.