Each year Illinois State University’s Alumni Association recognizes alums for their outstanding contributions to their fields, their impact on society, and their passion for Illinois State through the Alumni Awards program. This year five alums were presented awards at the Founders Day Convocation and honored at the annual awards dinner.
The winners included:
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Teresa “Teri” Lucie Thompson ’78, English (College of Arts and Sciences), M.S. ’87, secondary education (College of Education)
- Alumni Achievement Award: Daniel T. Kelley ’70, agriculture (College of Applied Science and Technology)
- E. Burton Mercier Alumni Award: Susan Nelson-Brown ’78, Accounting (College of Business)
- Senator John Maitland Jr. Commitment to Education Award: Yvonne S. Williams ’69, elementary and special education (College of Education)
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award: Rose Sprinkle ’02, public relations, M.S. ’04, communication (College of Arts and Sciences)
For those that know of an outstanding alum, the Alumni Association is now taking nominations for the 2017 Alumni Awards. Nominations are due May 31, 2016.