Focus on wellness in 2017
January is right around the corner. The start of a new year is when many people set goals for themselves and focus on prioritizing their well-being. Take advantage of Health Promotion and Wellness services, programs, and events to make 2017 your best year yet! Learn more about achieving wellness goals.
- Ergonomic evaluations: Pain and discomfort should not be a part of your work day. Schedule a free ergonomic evaluation to make sure your work space is set up to maximize your productivity and minimize discomfort. Small changes can lead to big results. Schedule a consult today!
- Family activities: Health Promotion and Wellness holds a variety of activities throughout the semester that are free to families. This semester’s activities include Family Bowling, Family Swims, and Family Day at the Children’s Discovery Museum. Click here for dates, times, and registration information.
- Lifestyle Enhancement Program: Lifestyle enhancement program classes are a great way to reduce stress and improve your physical well-being. Spring offerings include Balanced Bellies and Backs, Noon Yoga, T’ai Chi, Table Tennis, Tuesday Yoga, and more. Additional information and registration forms are available online.
- Massage: Massage is a great way to take care of your body and mind. Massage is offered right on campus two times a week for only $15 for 15 minutes. Massage services are provided by Aches Away massage therapists and multiple appointments can be booked back-to-back to receive a longer massage. View available appointments and register.
- Mindfulness classes: Mindfulness has a variety of mind body benefits, including better sleep, decreased stress, and a stronger immune system. Classes are available for both students and employees. All sessions meet once a week for four weeks. The spring employee class begins Friday, January 13, and meets at noon in McCormick Hall. There are two student sessions beginning in January. Get additional information and register online.
- Nutrition consultations: Free, confidential one-on-one nutrition consultations are available to students and employees. Registration forms are available online.
- SEVEN—Discover Wellness at Illinois State: Join the SEVEN program and log wellness activities in the seven dimensions: emotional, environmental, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and vocational. Participants earn points for activities and points count toward prizes. Get additional information and sign up.
Support Available from Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness is here to help! From free nutrition consults and ergonomic assessments to the SEVEN wellness incentive program, we have a variety of programs and services to help support your goals. Health Promotion and Wellness provides wellness information, services, events, and programming to students, faculty, staff, and the Illinois State community. People living, learning, and working in a healthy environment are more likely to reach their highest potential.