Illinois State University’s Metcalf Laboratory School will be beginning Summer Rock Band Programs from June 7 to June 30, at the Metcalf Laboratory School, 107 S. University St., Normal.
Summer Rock Band Programs are hosted every summer by Metcalf, to enable local community members to spend summer learning to play several musical instruments and form their own rock bands.
Classes are taught using adapted rock instruments and music notations, with which one can learn to play any standard rock song in a short span of time. The figure notes are colored symbols that makes the learning process easier, and stickers are pasted on the instruments to help correspond to the notated music.
Registration is currently going on for beginners, intermediate kids, adults, and persons with disabilities. Participants can schedule their classes either once a week ($60), twice a week ($120) or half an hour lessons ($15). There will be an introduction class on Wednesday, June 7. Interested participants can chose from five different bands, Music Jam, Rockin’ Granny Band, Rockstars, Headliners and Rock University.
- Music JAM (For musicians with disabilities) – Classes will meet every Mondays and Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Rockin’ Granny Band (For Women 55+) – Classes will meet every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 p.m.
- Rockstars (For grades 5-8) – Classes will meet every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:30 p.m.
- Headliners (For Adults) – Classes will meet every Mondays and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Both intermediate and intro levels will be made available.
- Rock University – Classes will meet every Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. Private lessons for all skill levels and abilities on rock instruments will be available.
For Music JAM, Rockin’ Granny Band and Rockstars, participants need not have any prior experience and all instruments will be provided. Dates and times are subject to change and additional times may be added based upon interest.
Participants can register with cash or through check in favor of Metcalf School, Campus Box 7000, Illinois State University. Normal, IL 61790.
For additional information, contact Aundrea Wells at email@example.com.