2017 ISU Athletics Hall of Fame Class announced
The 2017 Illinois State Athletics Percy Family Hall of Fame class was officially announced June 12. The newest members of the Illinois State Athletics Percy Family Hall of Fame are:
- Kara Nelson Wiesmeyer (softball), two-time MVC Player of the Year and All-American
- Aisha Praught Leer (cross country /track and field), NCAA All-American and 2016 Olympian
- Samantha Richdale (golf), three-time Missouri Valley Conference individual medalist
- Darrell Smith (tennis), four-year letterwinner at No. 1 singles/doubles and top-5 in career singles wins
- Kim Sucher Becker (volleyball/softball/basketball), a three-sport standout who helped ISU teams to state and regional championships
In addition to the 2017 Hall of Fame class, Steve Fisher, a 1967 graduate of Illinois State and NCAA national-championship winning basketball coach, will be honored with the Institutional Great Award. The inaugural honor recognizes an Illinois State alumnus who has achieved significant personal and professional accomplishments at the professional or college levels.
The honorees will be officially introduced during the Hall of Fame banquet at 8 a.m. October 21 in the Brown Ballroom at the Bone Student Center. The class will also be recognized during the Homecoming Parade and at halftime of the Illinois State-South Dakota football game later that day. Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Reservations for the Hall of Fame ceremony are $25 per person and can be purchased through the ISU Athletics Department. To order tickets for the event or for more information, please call Beth Harding at (309) 438-3636.