Administrative/Professional Council recap
The Administrative/Professional Council had many high points this year as members focused on spreading awareness for A/P Council, service within the campus community, and continuing to voice concerns and ideas on behalf of A/P employees.
Here are just a few highlights from the past academic year as the group starts planning this summer for what is to come this next year.
- Serving in various capacities at Illinois State’s Human Library hosted by University College.
- Walking in the 2016 Homecoming Parade.
- Honoring A/P Emerging Leader Award recipient Colleen Rice, Esprit De Corps recipient Narry Kim and A/P Distinguished Service Award recipients Doris Groves, Rick Kentzler, Todd McLoda and Sarah Metivier at Founders Day.
- Holding one social each month inviting all members of campus to attend.
- Showing off stellar dance moves at the Faculty and Staff Dancing with the Stars event hosted by Unlimited Dance Team.
- Hosting educational brown bag lunch sessions for campus to learn more about the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning and wellness.
- Reading to children at the Illinois State Child Care Center over lunch.
- Participating in Krispy Kreme fundraiser with Civil Service Council to raise money for A/P scholarship.
- Making over 60 cards for patients at Advocate Bromenn during one A/P Council meeting.
- A/P Chair Ron Gifford meeting with President Dietz on a regular basis to discuss concerns and thoughts on behalf of A/P Council.
- Vice President for Student Affairs Levester “LJ” Johnson stopping by for a meeting to talk more about the vision of Student Affairs.
- Welcoming four new A/Ps to the Council and three returning A/Ps after the 2017 elections.
A/P Council looks forward to the coming year with new projects and discussions as it continues to be the voice for A/P employees. Follow Administrative/Professional Council on Facebook to see the latest news and information.