The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology is excited to offer a new, online workshop series starting Tuesday, August 29, titled eLearning à la Carte. The goal: to give faculty who currently or aspire to teach online a varied, easily digestible “meal” about online teaching best practices. Topics this semester will include:
- Explore resources at Illinois State
- Web-enhance your traditional course
- Prepare your course (overviews and introductions)
- Design focused and effective online learning outcomes
- Design a syllabus your students will read
- Create consistent navigation through sequencing and chunking
These sessions are interactive and hands-on using Zoom, a popular conferencing platform now available on campus. There is no software to install. Registered participants will be sent a link that allows them to join the conference through the web browser of their choice on a PC or Mac computer. We recommend that they have a working webcam and microphone so they can get the most out of the experience.
The complete schedule for eLearning à la Carte, including registration links, is available at CTLT.IllinoisState.edu/eLearning. Sign up for as many or as few sessions as your interest and time allows.
If you need a special accommodation to fully participate in a CTLT event, please call the main desk at (309) 438-2542.