Are you looking for ways to improve your student and program outcomes? Learn about Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) guidelines for effective teachers. Understand how DAP strengthens the birth-to-third grade system. Review the value of these practices and their alignment with Preschool for All (PFA) and Preschool for All Expansion (PFAE) programs.
The Birth-to-Third Grade Continuity Project is hosting a webinar about Why Developmentally Appropriate Practices Impact Student Outcomes. On Thursday, December 7, 2017, from 3-4 p.m., Julie Kallenbach will be presenting an introduction to DAP and how it can improve student outcomes. Julie Kallenbach, Ed.D. currently works for the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) as a Kindergarten Individual Development Survey (KIDS) Trainer and Coach, along with her independent consulting on a variety of early learning projects. Proposed learning objectives are included below.
Please RSVP for the webinar.
Proposed Learning Objectives:
- Overview of DAP – 5 guidelines for effective teachers
- Integrating DAP into the B-3 Continuum
- Intersections between DAP and PFA/E guidelines
- How to get started using DAP
- Tools and resources for learning more
- Information about upcoming trainings